6 Things to do in Milos Island
Milos Island is a beautiful volcanic island located in the Aegean Sea, in the southwestern Cyclades group of islands in Greece. This idyllic location is home to a wealth of stunning landscapes, ancient ruins, and crystal-clear waters that make it an ideal destination for tourists. From exploring ancient Roman theaters to taking a scenic drive around the island, here are some of the top activities to enjoy in Milos Island.
So here are 6 things you can do in Milos Island
- Explore the ancient Roman theater: The hilltop village of Plaka is home to an ancient Roman theater that is well worth a visit. This well-preserved theater dates back to the 2nd century AD and was used for various cultural and political events. From here, visitors can enjoy stunning views of the Aegean Sea and the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the famous Sarakiniko beach: Sarakiniko is a beach that is renowned for its unique lunar landscape. Its white rocks and turquoise waters create a breathtaking setting that is truly unforgettable. This beach is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing, and visitors can also explore the surrounding caves and cliffs.
- Discover the crystal-clear waters at Kleftiko beach: Another popular beach in Milos is Kleftiko, which is known for its crystal-clear waters and vibrant marine life. The beach is surrounded by towering cliffs and is only accessible by boat, making it a more secluded spot for those seeking a more peaceful experience.
- Take a scenic drive around the island: Milos Island is home to a diverse landscape that is well worth exploring. From the rolling hills to the stunning coastline, there is something for everyone. Visitors can rent a car or take a bus tour to discover the island’s many hidden gems.
- Visit the Catacombs of Milos: The Catacombs of Milos are an ancient underground tomb complex that was used during the Roman period. These impressive tombs offer a fascinating glimpse into the island’s history and are a must-see for anyone interested in archaeology.
- See the colorful fishing boats at the port of Adamas: The port of Adamas is a bustling hub of activity, with colorful fishing boats coming and going all day long. Visitors can try some of the freshest seafood in Greece here and soak up the lively atmosphere of this charming seaside town.
In conclusion, Milos Island is a destination that offers something for everyone. From ancient ruins to crystal-clear waters, there is no shortage of activities to enjoy on this idyllic island. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach holiday or an adventure-packed escape, Milos is a must-visit destination.
SEND A REQUEST
In advance payment
Make 50 € advance payment to confirm your booking
You can find us also in :